Located in Vero Beach opposite the Rio Mar Golf Course. The capitana of the Terra Firma Fleet it was the largest galleon of the eleven Spanish ships leaving Havana harbor in 1715. Her official name was the Nuestra Senora del Carmen, San Miguel y San Antonio, or Carmen for short. The Carmen was originally an English ship named Hampton Court which was subsequently captured by the French in 1707 and sold to Captain Don Antonio de Echeverz y Zubiza, who was the commander of the Terra Firma Squadron.
1715 Fleet Society Glossary
Definitions for terms used on the 1715 Fleet Society Website, curated by Fleet Society Director Emeritus, Ernie Richards.